Methodist Committee on Relief, Non-Governmental Organization (UMCOR-NGO) (www.umcor-ngo.org) is a not-for-profit
organization that provides transitional development and relief assistance to
communities in need around the world. UMCOR-NGO’s Indonesia Mission (UMCOR-Indonesia) is looking for :
Place of Assignment : Bireun Primary Responsibilities :
To provide technical
assistance and accompaniment in establishing the cooperative accountability
systems – in terms of financial and business management, division of tasks and
responsibilities, and standard operating procedures. The final target is to
help UMCOR’s cooperatives to become autonomous organizations. Specific Duties: * Setting up the overall direction of the cooperative: role of the board in planning, and decision-making process, responsibilities and tasks division; frequency of member and board meetings.
* Develop and Install Standard Operational Procedures within the two cooperatives.
* Improve and give technical advice on activity planning, business plan development and financial administration within the cooperative.
* Make clear procurement procedures and procedures on how to manage assets, asset storage, fixed asset management, stocks and inventories of equipment
* Set up and maintain good financial practices for cooperatives including chart of accounts, account coding, internal control mechanisms, segregation of duties, authorization, payment and administrative record keeping.
* Give on-going training towards cooperative members, board and management team about cooperative principles, goals & purpose, financial /credit administration, functions of board, staff and members, transparency & conflict solving within cooperative.
* Conduct other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications: * Minimum 5 years experience in cooperative development/ agro-economical development/management training
* Minimum 3 years working experiences with international NGOs
* University degree in Economics, Agribusiness, Microfinance or related discipline
* Experience in training staff, members and management teams of cooperatives
* Has extensive knowledge on the cooperative law
* Ability to provide leadership and support to communities
* Direct experience with livelihoods/ income generation projects Application
Please send a
cover letter and CV in English before8 April 2010to: Human Resources
No. 29 Geucu Iniem,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted
applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for
your interest in UMCOR-Indonesia.