Muslim Aid is an international relief and development agency based in London with 21 years
of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for disaster
and conflict affected people across the globe. We are currently operating in
more than 60 countries. In Indonesia our main
programs include Flood mitigation, Shelter and
Livelihoods with our Field Office based in Banda Aceh,
and further sub-offices in Jakarta, Yogyakarta,
Under Service Contract between
Muslim Aid - International Organization for Migration (IOM) Yogyakarta to provide a high qualification Technical
Support Staff to IOM Yogyakarta, Muslim Aid Yogyakarta is currently
looking for a qualified and committed candidate to fill the following position:
Position title : Monitoring &
Evaluation (M&E) Field Assistant
Duty Station : Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Salary : Rp. 3,100,000
Type of Contract:Special, 1 month (with possibility
Under the general guidance of the M&E Manager and the direct
supervision of the M&E Supervisor, the M&E Field Assistant will be
responsible for the following function:
1. Assist the M&E Supervisor to identify the key performance questions, indicators and parameters for monitoring programmes/projects performance and achievement and compare it to the purposes and targets.
2. Assist in the preparation and development of questionnaires, formulating surveys, and other templates required for monitoring and evaluation activities.
3. Provide relevant information for the ongoing monitoring and evaluation activities and impact of the programs and comply with the regular reporting requirement.
4. Conduct field monitoring of target community groups, collate quantitative and qualitative data on individual and/or group of beneficiaries.
5. Assist the M&E Unit in ensuring effective beneficiary identification, verification and eligibility.
6. Assist the M&E Supervisor to schedule and conduct spot check, random surveys; and if necessary, comprehensive operational and programmatic assessment to project locations, end users and local partners where appropriate.
7. Assist the M&E Unit in verifying the complaints received from the community if necessary
8. Identify constraints and issues, particularly in relation to the monitoring and evaluation process, and provide a solution if necessary.
9. Coordinate closely with the Information and Management Unit to ensure that the data provided by M&E and other Units are adequately recorded in the Central database.
10. In close
coordination with Unit Heads to obtain the updated schedule, share and discuss
the progress of the activities.
1. Assist in undertaking initiatives to promote IOM’s image and activities in the earthquake affected region.
2. Provide report to the M&E supervisor on daily and weekly basis using given template
3. Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times
4. At the request of the Line Manager or M&E Manager, participate in staff development and training processes.
5. Perform other duties as may be assigned by M&E supervisor.
* University degree, preferably in engineering, social science, administration, economic, or alternatively, combination of related education and professional experience.
* Previous and relevant experience working the community mobilization participatory approach, facilitation process, and/or monitoring evaluation activities.
* Ability to prepare quickly concise reports and input database
* Excellent command of Microsoft Office Package
* Experience working in International Organization or local NGOs
* Knowledge of statistical and quantitative methods
* Efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking, and punctual.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team, individual and multi-cultural environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work in the environment of the operating areas
* Fluency in Javanese and Intermediate level of English is required. Please Notice:
should submit a cover letter and updated
CV (including at least three references with contact information) as attachment
to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position applied as the subject of the e-mail. Example : M&E Field Assistant, Subject
must be: [M&E Field Assistant] Your Name. Applications must be submitted at the latest 3
(three) days after the vacancy published and the attachment should not exceed
200 Kb. Muslim Aid gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, or religion.