World Vision Indonesia is a Christian humanitarian organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. Inspired by our Christian values, World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender
World Vision Indonesia is seeking the following position:
1. Freelance Graphic Design
Code: THL GD
Work is assigned on a project basis. No base salary, strictly on project terms only.
1. Diploma or Professional certificate in design or similar qualifications. Fresh graduates and students are welcome to apply.
2. Strong skills in conceptual thinking, creative thinking, typography and layout.
3. Good portfolios.
4. Able to visualise ideas and concepts and communicate them creatively & effectively.
5. Have good sense of art, illustration, multimedia, and design with solid working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Corel Draw, Macromedia Freehand and MS Office. (Experience with Flash, AfterEffects would be beneficial).
6. Ability to work individually as well as in a team. Ability to take direction. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to work under pressure of meeting deadlines.
7. Good in English.
2. Associate Communication Campaign Officer
Dept.: Communications (contract-based)
Function: to support the aims of the Global Child Health Campaign. The ACCO will assist in the development and achievement of objectives and targets related to communications (internal and external) for the special project Global Child Health Campaign.
· Manage all organizational campaign branding and design projects from initial conception to implementation, controlling budgeting, quotations, print selection and project co-ordination.
· Write, design, edit, and manage the production of various print, audio-visual and electronic publications (including web-based and print materials, posters, teasers, briefing papers, advertisements, reports, stories, multimedia, tools, promotional merchandise, photo essays) to promote and achieve the aims and objectives of the national and international campaign strategy.
· Identify additional opportunities to promote campaign resources, i.e. utilizing emerging media such as blogs, podcasting, etc.
· Periodically evaluates the quality and use of the resource production and takes appropriate action.
· Identify key issues, messaging and communications channels for the national campaign.
· Update the national website and other in-house publications with design concept, information and images relating to the national campaign.
· Liaise with external design consultancies, agencies and printers when appropriate.
· Assist with implementation of media plan, including writing and distributing news releases, pitching stories to media, and preparing spokesperson. KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
· A first degree in Graphic Design or Communications Studies.
· A minimum of one year experience as a graphic designer, communications officer or experience working in ad agency, or similar.
· Excellent skills in design and desktop publishing., fluent to use computer software applications for graphic design (Photoshop, InDesign, Macromedia Free Hand, CorelDraw, Flash) and standard computer software (MS Word, Power Point, Excel).
· English-language fluency (written and verbal).
· Having writing and photographic skills would be an advantage
· Specialist skills in several aspects of media productions, such as copywriting, editing, book publishing, digital media or website development.
· Must be highly organized with ability to prioritize assignments; proven multi-tasking skills, including ability to work effectively under pressure, handle heavy volumes and meet demanding deadlines. Strong attention to detail necessary.
· Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
· Ability to travel and work in the field.
· Commitment to World Vision’s vision, mission and core values.
Should you have interest, please submit your application with updated CV and copy of ID Card not later than 23 April 2010 to: RecruitmentIndonesia@wvi.org As a child focused organization, WV is committed to the protection of children & doesn’t employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted